Android is an open source software stack for a wide range of mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. Android is built on the open Linux Kernel. Currently more than a billion devices across the globe run on android and this is because Android provides millions of unique and engaging user applications which are created by developers around the world and it allows users to experience various innovative ideas because practically anyone can contribute applications to the android community. Furthermore, it utilizes a custom virtual machine that was designed to optimize memory and hardware resources in a mobile environment. Android can be liberally extended to incorporate new cutting edge technologies as they emerge. The platform will continue to evolve as the developer community works together to build innovative mobile applications. Android was built from the ground-up to enable developers to create compelling mobile applications that take full advantage of all a handset has to offer.
Reasons You should learn Android.
- Open source code – Make what you want
- Google Play Store– The Huge App Market
- Booming Job Prospects
- Growing global demand for Android
- Penetration on Different devices
- High User base
- Multi-Fold increase in App Development
- No Licensing fees
- Flexibility & portability
- High demand for android developers
- Support for Android Development
- Easy Accessibility
- High Earning Potential
- Monetization of free Apps